Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hypocrisy by republicans.

This afternoon I was reviewing an article about Newt Gingrich as a guest speaker at a Republican event. John Voight was the emcee. John Voight and Newt both attacked President Obama for his stimulus package and claim that it already failed. While I believe that this is a premature assessment, I am struck by a different question. Was it not the republicans who railed at the Democratic party for listening to actors in Hollywood and their political beliefs. many republicans said what makes them experts on politics and also said "just because they are actors/movie stars does not mean that their voice is more important." I now find it interesting that the same republicans are touting John Voight as a great voice for them. I find it hypocritical that they feel that an actor chould have a voice when it agrees with teirs, but not when it differs.

No comments:

Post a Comment